ATTENTION: Canadian Senior National Team Athletes,
The Athlete Advisory Committee to the Minister of Sport and Physical Activity (Committee) is an important initiative to ensure that the athletes’ perspective and advice inform Sport Canada’s activities. The Minister of Sport and Physical Activity will engage the Committee to identify opportunities to incorporate high performance athletes’ perspectives in the development and implementation of Government of Canada programs and policies in sport and physical activity.
Since the Minister of Sport and Physical Activity will now chair the Committee, the call for at-large applications is reopening for high performance athletes at the national senior team level.
Please note that the applications received earlier this year will still be taken into consideration.
To be considered for one of the at-large high performance athlete positions, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be a high performance athlete (as defined below);
- not be convicted or otherwise sanctioned for:
- a doping offence pursuant to the World Anti-Doping Code or Canadian Anti-Doping Program Rules; or
- any other offence or breach of any policies or rules of the Athlete Assistance Program (if a carded athlete) and/or a National Sport Organization.
For the Committee’s purpose, a high performance athlete is defined as:
- A member of a Senior National Team for one of the federally funded National Sport Organizations (as an individual or on a team);
- An athlete whose sport has a world championship competition (whether Canada sends a contingent or not); and
- An active athlete or having retired within the last eight years.
- A retired athlete can be considered for membership within eight years of their retirement, even if the duration of their term on the Committee spans beyond the eighth year.
Sport Canada will review all the submissions in the coming weeks.
Effort will be made in the selection of the Committee members to ensure the group reflects gender balance as well as Canada’s diversity with respect to its regions, official languages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities and life experiences.
We intend to confirm the full membership of the Athlete Advisory Committee to the Minister of Sport and Physical Activity in late 2023 with a first meeting soon thereafter.
Please refer to the information below to learn more about the Athlete Advisory Committee to the Minister of Sport and Physical Activity.
|Interested candidates must send the completed application form to email@example.com at Sport Canada by February 6, 2024, 11:59 p.m. EST.
If you have any questions about the Committee, please contact the Committee Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org